Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACER N50

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdn1947
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: ACER N50 Reply with quote

Hi

I hope someone can help me.

1) My N50 is refusing to connect to our wireless access point. The point is working correctly as other devices connect to it OK. Ive done hard resets to no avail.

2) Can you add/remove icons to/from the bar at the bottom of the Start screen?

Thank you
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there security enabled on your access point? If so, try disabling WEP or WAP and then connecting. If it works, security is the problem for the device. If it doesn't then obviously the problem lies in the device's networking setup somewhere. You might then try checking under Settings | Connections for somewhere to choose 'the internet' rather than 'work' as your preferred type of connection. Or use a third party or native utility to determine whether an IP address is being assigned, and what it is. If it starts with 169. then you have a problem of some complexity. If it starts with 192. then things are looking up, and perhaps your difficulty is further up the chain, in Internet Explorer's settings somewhere. I don't know that device, sorry, so can't be very usefully specific. Here's a link to Wi-Fi setup information for Windows Mobile devices:
http://wifi.aximsite.com/wifi_net.html
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, and there are elements at times which can be added to or removed from the lower bar on the Today screen. The free email client I use, nPOPuk, has an option to display its icon there, and this icon has various menu options when tapped (to check mail, bring the program to the foreground, etc). I have used a number of other programs over the years which likewise offer a Today icon option. FontOnStorage is toggled from such a location for another freeware example. But adding an icon there is more of a challenge. There may be a third party application which allows manually adding program icons there but I've not run across it. Doing so without a helper application would involve adding registry keys in the correct manner, containing the correct data to display such icons and locate them along the bar in relation to other icons so as not to overlap (an error I have seen in the case of one installed application's icon).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: