Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

symbol wireless networker for HP ipaq H2200

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arun
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: symbol wireless networker for HP ipaq H2200 Reply with quote

My symbol spectrum24 high rate wireless networker (LA-4137) not working with HP ipaq h2200 with os version CE 4.20.

Is there is any solution available?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By 'not working' it is not clear what you mean. Did you first install the correct driver for the card, before inserting it into the CF slot? If you did not install the driver first, or at all, then it is unlikely the card would work.
arun
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I have 2 drivers for this card.

1. I first installed Pocket PC Drivers, then I inserted wireless networker into the slot LED slowly flashes.But there is no display of symbol status utility icon .

then I removed the driver.

2 then I installed PocketPc2002 drivers.then I inserted wireless networker into the slot
LED slowly flashes.But there is no display of symbol status utility icon .

then I removed the driver

3. then I installed HPC 2000 Drivers.

error Message :
symbol wireless networker for HPC 2000 does not support the connected device type,.

Now there is no Driver is installed

When I insert the card without driver it says unrecognized card.

Pocket PC : HP Ipaq 2200
OS Version : Windows CE 4.2

Any OS version and driver compatibility problem?

Regards
Arun
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it has been years since I used my 4137, and memory of exactly which driver version worked for me (with various PPCs, none of which matches yours) is completely gone. I do have a number of driver versions for that card, but frankly cannot remember even so much as which named folder they come from. Could be my SymbolLAN folder which has 6 different CAB files in it. Or it could a SparkLAN CAB (that's the label mine came with, I think, though I could be mixing that up with a Meritline-branded card). Or maybe something else entirely. Even back then, using that card every day, I was never quite clear on what magical invocations had actually worked each time I set up the card with a new device. My documentation skills are at times weak, especially when very frustrated with stubborn wireless cards.

So I'm not sure what to suggest. I could try emailing you various CAB files to try if you contacted me through the email link here. I'd have to re-name them probably, to avoid being blocked by filters at your end. Or I could bundle them all up in a ZIP and send them temporarily to my webspace and then email you a link to that. Let me know what you'd like. Of course you should make a thorough backup of your data before trying anything like that.
arun
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded driver from this location

ftp://symstore.longisland.com/Symstore/exe/downloads/S24MC392B62_02.exe

Now its working.

Thanks for your immediate reply

Thanks & Regards

Arun
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear you were able to get the wireless card working. Saves us some trouble in trial and error testing. I deleted your previous post as it is generally not considered safe to post one's email address in public forums - too many email harvesting spambots around.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: