Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resetting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorlawrence
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Resetting Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 running WM 6.1.

Typically I leave it switched off overnight, re-charging from PC via its USB sync cable. Normally when I press the power button in the morning it starts from 'hibernation'. But recently it's started re-booting instead. In fact it seems to be doing so even after a 3-4 hour gap.

Presumably some software is responsible. How can I most easily discover the cause please?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about 'easily' discovering the cause, as it's not clear which software you have installed, or which software you might have installed at around the time this error started... nor even whether it's a change on the host PC or on the mobile device which might be causing this problem. It could also be a hardware issue, such as whether you changed to using a USB hub (which might easily have a wiring defect - I've used two over the years and both eventually cost me data, so I don't use them any more) or some other relevant hardware change.
niruabhi2009
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Stuck in bootloader Reply with quote

Hi all,

i have orange spv m500 when i tried to update my rom it got stuck in bootloader mode but i saw many posts than to unlock it i need to use mtty 1.42 to go thru bootloader but i have vista and its telling 'usb port can not open'

plz help me
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) This question has nothing to do with the thread you've commented in. Please post new questions as a new thread.

b) Apparently you tried to flash a ROM on a locked phone. Bad mistake. There may be a way to fix it, or it may now be a paperweight. I suggest you seek solutions in the relevant forum at xda-developers, as it is unlikely you will get an answer here, where illegal ROM tools are not shared.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: