Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to open( dissamble) rx5915 to swap lcd screen . ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vavso
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: How to open( dissamble) rx5915 to swap lcd screen . ? Reply with quote

I have 2 Rx5915 one has a broken lcd the other a charging problem ( charge light doesnt come on Ipaq is warm even after shutdown I tried a new battery )

I want to swap the lcd 's but cannot figure out how to open it after removing the screws hope someone can help . I do not know where to pry and which parts pry off . I have worked on earlier ipaqs they were different to open though .Thanks Vavso
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have disassembled a half-dozen or so notebooks and Pocket PCs to repair various failures, I have enough experience to know that the best advice is to pry a little around the edges and ONLY pry harder when there is an obvious sign of opening in any one place. Too much pressure in the wrong place can cause cracking, breaking off a clip, or breaking a ribbon cable. I do not have experience with that model. My suggestion would go further to say don't pry corners, as they rarely if ever have clips. Mostly I try about 1/3 in from the corners on any given edge, sometimes right in the middle of a longer side. The most important thing to observe is which side is 'over' and which 'under' in terms of how they move when pried. Using a hard, thin guitar pick can be helpful, as there is much less chance of damaging the casing than when using something like a screwdriver or thin knife blade.
Vavso
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

got it apart thansk for the tips !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: