Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPaq 2755 Keeps Turning ON

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrrohan
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: iPaq 2755 Keeps Turning ON Reply with quote

This is a recent problem. My Ipaq 2755 has started turning on by itsself. I have to leave it in the cradle all the time or the battery will wear down. I have the settings set so it turns off after 30 sec. of inactivity but I don't want to have to keep it in the cradle all the time.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by jrrohan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that you have installed some program which is routinely trying to update from the web, perhaps an RSS application or Twitter updater, maybe a weather plugin. Or it could be that your Activesync settings are such that the device is trying to synch on a schedule with an Exchange server. Try to find out whether some such thing is happening, perhaps by using a task manager to check for a service such as these running in the background. FdcSoft Task Manager works well for this sort of thing. I have, for instance, stopped all Bluetooth related services using Fdc and set them to manual start, as I never use Bluetooth. Reducing the background services by turning off things you know for certain you do not need could help keep this from happening to your device.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> General Pocket PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: